Saturday, January 2, 2010

WHY SO DOWN? 365/3


Why so down?  Well....an hour after I transferred all my photos to the auxiliary hard drive (over 1,000) the hard drive crashed and burned!!  Good news..can probably recover the data.  Bad news...minimum cost is $700 (up to $2300).  I was so rattled that I dropped half a dozen eggs putting them into the frig.  My husband documented the disaster.  Check Creativity Journey for a visual!

It seems this calendar combines Saturdays and Sundays onto one page so I used a sketchbook, Elegant Writer pen and a water brush.  I forgot to time myself but I think 10 minutes is probably close.  I used the "Comic" variation in the Photo Booth program.  It divides into values and provides nice shapes to work with.  I tried for a continuous line as much as possible.


4 comments:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with my computer....i feel your pain!
    eBeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elizabeth. Technology reminds me of that nursery rhyme "when she was good, she was very, very good and when she was bad she was horrid!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped by your room and saw the beautiful of your arts. i am interesting to do it but i am now good enough like you did.
    Thank you for your all art work done.

    You have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myrna, I love this. I am a little confused however. You are drawing these and taking them into a photo manipulator? Sorry to hear of the lose of data, computers are exasperating for sure.

    ReplyDelete