Saturday, January 16, 2010

FIRST MISTAKE OF THE NEW YEAR!


I put the wrong date on this one!  It should read 365/17.  I had forgotten I needed a regular piece of paper as the 16/17th shared one page of the calendar.  I had been so proud of myself for not getting the date wrong on checks, etc., but today I was even confused as to the day of the week!  Doing a Friday through Tuesday workshop is warping my brain.  We are such creatures of habits and patterns.  I am hoping this new pattern or spending 5 or 10 minutes each evening doing a drawing will become firmly entrenched long before the end of the year.

This sketch was drawn with a wooden matchstick that had been sharpened to an interesting point with a utility craft knife.  I dipped it into a bottle of ink and skritched away.  I like the character of the line on
this paper.  The same drawing instrument on different papers acts and looks quite different.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, if that's the biggest mistake you make this year, you will be way ahead of most of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the idea of the match stick as pen; need to experiment with other found items myself. So habitually trapped into the use of my Micron set I forget other tools can be utilized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for inspiring me to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the match stick drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I love about this drawing in particular is the feeling of conciousness. I feel maybe this one is done from life??? maybe?

    ReplyDelete