Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WEEK ONE COMPLETED! 365/7




Tonight I found a desk lamp to light my face.  That created some interesting shadows.  I selected the Colored Pencil setting on the Photo Booth program because it simplified everything  to a minimum and seemed a good fit with the Japanese Brush Pen I wanted to use.  I can't tell you the brand because it is in Japanese writing but it uses ink cartridges and is a very flexible synthetic brush.  I found it very satisfying working with this drawing instrument.  Wow, we are already a week into the new year.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Myrna! One week down; 51 to go! Interesting drawing too. You achieve an expressive likeness with a minimum of fuss and in 12 minutes! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peggy. My set up makes it easy to do a fast drawing each night. I think I will be able to keep it up. A nice habit to form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I can't believe you managed this in 12 minutes! Can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Myrna,

    I would love to get one of these pens, especially if I can find it before our workshop tomorrow, maybe at University Art in Sacramento on my way to Bonnie's house. Where did you get yours? Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the raw and gritty feel of this drawing. Great work.

    ReplyDelete