Sunday, January 10, 2010

POTENTIAL IN VERSION 365/11


I picked an interesting composition from my collection of self portrait photographs I made with the PhotoBooth program on my Mac.  I was leaning quite forward and my head was tilted down, but looking up into the camera.  It created some very nice shapes.  I used the "comic" setting which divides the image into 5 values with very definite shapes.  I only shaded in the black area and drew some of the lines indicating the division of planes.  The background pattern is very strong on this one, making an intriguing image.  I can see this drawing translated into a larger painting using all 5 values plus a patterned background.

5 comments:

  1. Looks good for a painting to me. I especially like the eyes looking up at me. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love the divisions and I agree that is make it very intriguing. Brillinat work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this a lot too. Looks like inspiration for a future masterpiece. I know you'll totally enjoy your busy week. They are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sheila, fheathermoor and Sandy. I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am loving your work. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete